New Hire Orientation
Welcome to Emerson! We are excited to have you on campus and hope you come to feel at home here.
The College requires all new employees to attend an orientation session conducted by the Office of Human Resources as close as possible to their date of hire. You'll learn about the history of the College, go on a campus tour, and get detailed information about Emerson's personnel policies, procedures, benefits programs, and facilities.
Orientation sessions are generally held in the Office of Human Resources, in the Transportation Building (second floor). Sessions are held at least once a month, beginning at 8:45 am. We will notify each new employee and his/her supervisor of the date the employee is scheduled to attend an orientation session.
Documents & Forms for New Employees
1. Overview of Benefits
2. Health & Dental
- a. Benefits Enrollment Form (required)
- b. PPO vs. HMO Comparison Chart
- c. Harvard Pilgrim HMO Enrollment Kit
- d. Harvard Pilgrim PPO Enrollment Kit
- e. Delta Dental Benefit Summary
3. Flexible Spending Accounts
4. Life Insurance & Disability Info
- a. Term Life Insurance and AD&D Coverage Highlights
- b. Long Term Disability Insurance Plan Highlights
- c. Family Medical Leave Act Information
- d. Privacy Practices
- e. Life Insurance Beneficiary Form (required)
5. Voluntary Retirement Saving Plan and 403(b)
6. Transportation and Fitness Benefits
- a. Pre-Tax Transportation Benefits instructions
- b. Transportation Benefits Information
- c. Emerson College Fitness Benefits Information
7. Employee Assistance Program
- a. Health Advocacy Solution Overview
- b. MEDEX Travel Assistance Program
- c. Long Term Disability Assistance Program
8. Policies Acknowledgements
- a. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- b. Affirmative Action Policy
- c. Americans with Disabilities Act
- d. Employee Ethics and Conflict of Interest Policy
- e. Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment
- f. Telephone Use Policy
- g. Acknowledgement Form (required)
All Emerson employees are required to complete an online anti-harassment training session. You will receive a registration code from Human Resources.
Emerson Resource Groups
A list of Emerson College Resource Groups for Staff and Faculty to provide support, development, and leadership opportunities to all staff and faculty members. These groups are sponsored by The Offices of Diversity & Inclusion and Human Resources.