Open Enrollment Benefits Fair
Human Resources is pleased to announce that the Open Enrollment Benefits Fair will be held in the Bordy Theatre on Friday, November 2, 2012 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
The theme for this year is Keys to Wellness, and there will be lots of wellness information about Emerson’s benefits programs.
Do you want information about physical wellness? If so, you may want to explore these activities:
- Schedule a meeting with an Emerson Fitness Center Representative to develop a personalized exercise program;
- Stop by the massage tables for a chair message and learn more about incorporating relaxation techniques into your daily routine;
- Get information from Harvard Pilgrim on blood pressure screenings, their fitness benefits reimbursement program, or information on where you can get a flu shot during the coming flu season;
- Learn about the options for orthodontia coverage for you or your dependents from Delta Dental;
- Stop by the food tables and try a fruit and veggie smoothie freshly prepared by members of the HR team!
Do you want to gauge your financial wellness for the short and long term? Then:
- Visit the vendors from Fidelity, TIAA-Cref and VALIC to determine whether now might be a good time to make changes to your portfolio;
- Visit The Standard’s benefits table to learn how Emerson’s Group Life Insurance, AD&D and LTD programs provide a safety net for you and eligible family members in the event of an accident or illness;
- Visit the Metro Credit Union table to better understand how their checking, savings, credit, and loan products can help you meet your financial objectives.
Do you want to expand your intellectual wellness? If so, you may want to:
- “Exercise” your brain by participating in a demonstration of the new Lynda Training Program. Learn how to sign in to the program and get information on the over 700 courses of computer based training from Microsoft Office to Photoshop that are now available to Emerson staff and faculty members.
Demonstrations and Prizes
The benefits fair is designed to be informative and fun, and so we will be offering demonstrations as well as several raffle prizes for those who attend the fair (you don’t have to be present at the time of the raffles to win). The College and the vendors will be offering prizes including gear bags, a $200 gift certificate to Massage Envy and a NutriBullet smoothie machine.
Since we expect lots of demand for chair massages and to make it more convenient for those interested in participating, we will have dedicated time slots for 3 of the 4 massage stations and a separate massage station available for walk-ins. If you wish to schedule a specific massage time, please contact Seamus Gallagher at email@example.com to confirm your time. Chair massages will be 5 to 10 minutes in length.
NOTE: If you schedule a massage, please be on time to ensure that everyone who wants a massage can participate.
Benefits Self-Service for Open Enrollment
Begins November 1
You will receive another memo by October 29 around self-service related to open enrollment (November 1, 2012 - November 30, 2012). Please take note of this memo when it arrives to understand your enrollment requirements for coverage during 2013.
Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you at the fair!
contact emerson HR
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:45 am–5:00 pm
Office Location: 8 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116
Mailing Address: 120 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Emerson broke ground on its new facility in LA on March 8.
Los Angeles Center
Emerson College recently began constructing a new facility in Los Angeles, which will open in January 2014. As we get closer, we anticipate posting new positions related to our expanded presence in Los Angeles. Further information will be available when Job Opportunities are posted.