Open Enrollment 2012
During Open Enrollment, You May
- Enroll in the Flexible Reimbursement Account Programs (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Enroll in, change, or drop medical and/or dental insurance coverage
- Add, change, or drop dependents from medical and/or dental coverage
Important Enrollment/Change Information
No Medical or Dental Plan Design Changes for 2013
Please note that other than the change in contribution costs. there are no design changes to the medical or dental plans for 2013. These plans have the same copayment, deductibles and coinsurance, as applicable, that applied to plan year 2012.
The Flexible Reimbursement Account Medical and Dental options you select during this Open Enrollment period will be in effect from January 1 to December 31, 2013.
Making Changes During the Year
Federal law limits your ability to change your health, dental, and Flexible Reimbursement Account elections outside this Open Enrollment period unless you experience a qualifying event (such as marriage, birth of child, etc) and you notify Human Resources within 30 days of the event date. Supporting documentation must be submitted to HR along with the election change.
Employee Contribution Information
The Harvard Pilgrim premium rates have increased by 4.5% for 2013. The 2013 rates for HealthNet (California eligible employees only) have increased by 4.48%.
There are no increases to dental plan rates for 2013.
The 2013 employee contribution rates for medical and dental coverage are included below by employee category by clicking on the corresponding link(s):
Actions You Need to Take
- If you are currently enrolled in the health and/or dental plan and you do not want to make any changes to your coverage, no action is needed.
- If you wish to enroll or make any changes in your health and/or dental coverage, you must complete make these changes via Self-Service Enrollment between November 1 to November 30, 2012.
- If you waive group health insurance coverage, you must complete the Employee Health Insurance Responsibility (HIRD) Form. Under the Massachusetts Health Care Reform Act, all residents of Massachusetts age 18 and over must be enrolled in health insurance or face tax penalties.
- If you wish to enroll in a Medical and/or Dependent Care Flexible Reimbursement Account for 2013, you must complete your enrollment via Banner Self-Service Enrollment. Remember: even if you were enrolled in 2012, you must re-enroll if you wish to participate in 2013. Also, Please Note: The Federal Health Care (FSA) has been reduced to $2,500 annually effective 01/01/2013.
Assistance in Open Enrollment Decisions
- View detailed information on the Health & Dental Benefits page.
- View detailed information available on the Flexible Reimbursement Accounts page.
- View information related to self-service benefits enrollment
- Self-Service Open Enrollment Instructions
- If you have any questions please contact Peter Owens at extension 8581 or Crystina Hammond at extension 8583.
contact emerson HR
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:45 am–5:00 pm
Office Location: 8 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116
Mailing Address: 120 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Emerson broke ground on its new facility in LA on March 8.
Los Angeles Center
Emerson College recently began constructing a new facility in Los Angeles, which will open in January 2014. As we get closer, we anticipate posting new positions related to our expanded presence in Los Angeles. Further information will be available when Job Opportunities are posted.