During Open Enrollment, You May
- Enroll in the Flexible Reimbursement Account Programs (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Enroll in, change, or drop medical and/or dental insurance coverage
- Add, change, or drop dependents from medical and/or dental coverage
Important Enrollment/Change Information
The Harvard Pilgrim POS plan and HealthNet (ELA) will be discontinued on December 31, 2014, and will be replaced in 2015 with the Harvard Pilgrim PPO. The Harvard Pilgrim HMO will continue to be offered. If you are currently enrolled in the Harvard Pilgrim POS plan or HealthNet, you need to make an election for HMO, PPO or Waive coverage during this open enrollment period (ELA participants are not eligible for the HMO plan, so must choose the PPO or Waive coverage). If you are currently enrolled in HealthNet or the Harvard Pilgrim POS plan and you do not make a change to your coverage, you will be defaulted to the Harvard Pilgrim PPO effective January 1, 2015, at the same coverage level (individual or family) that you had in 2014.
For specific information regarding medical plan changes, see the Medical Plan Renewal for 2015 (PDF).
There are no changes to the dental plan for 2015.
Flexible Reimbursement Accounts:
To enroll or continue participation in the Medical and/or Dependent Reimbursement Accounts in 2015, you must enroll with the benefit during Open Enrollment.
THE BENEFIT ELECTIONS YOU SELECT DURING THIS OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD wilL be in effect from January 1 to December 31, 2015.
Harvard Pilgrim Gender Reassignment Surgery
Gender Reassignment Surgery benefits will continue to be available under the Harvard Pilgrim HMO and PPO plans in 2015.
For a summary of these benefits, view the Gender Reassignment Surgery (PDF).
For additional details concerning this coverage, please contact Harvard Pilgrim at 1-888-888-4742, extension 38723.
Making Changes During the Year
Federal law limits your ability to change your health, dental, and flexible reimbursement account elections outside this Open Enrollment period unless you experience a qualifying event (such as marriage, birth of child, etc.) and you notify Human Resources within 30 days of the event date. Supporting documentation must be submitted to HR along with the election change.
There are certain situations related to the availability of Health Insurance Exchange Coverage that may allow employees to drop medical coverage mid-year. Please contact Tricia Kennedy (ext. 8124) or Peter Owens (ext. 8581).
Employee Contribution Information
For medical and dental plan premium rates information, see the Insurance Premiums page.
Actions You Need to Take
- If you are currently enrolled in the Harvard Pilgrim POS or the HealthNet health plans (which are not being offered in 2015), you must elect a new medical plan option (Harvard Pilgrim HMO, PPO or Waive Coverage). If you are currently enrolled in the POS or HealthNet plans, and do not make a new election, you will be defaulted into the Harvard Pilgrim PPO plan effective January 1, 2015 with your current (2014) coverage level (individual or family).
- If you are adding or dropping dependents from your medical or dental coverage, please complete the 2015 Benefits Enrollment Form (PDF). This form is used to collect medical/dental dependent coverage information only. All other election changes must be made online.
- If you wish to enroll in a Medical and/or Dependent Care Flexible Reimbursement Account for 2015, you must complete your enrollment via Banner Self-Service Enrollment. Remember: even if you were enrolled in 2014, you must re-enroll if you wish to participate in 2015.
- When enrolling or changing coverage in Banner, please ensure that you use an effective date of January 1, 2015.
- All enrollments or changes must be completed via Self-Service enrollment between November 1 and November 30, 2014.
- If you do not need or wish to make any benefit changes, you do not need to enroll.
Assistance in Open Enrollment Decisions
- View detailed information on the Health & Dental Benefits page
- View detailed information available on the Flexible Reimbursement Accounts page
- View information related to self-service benefits enrollment
- Open Enrollment Instructions
- If you have any questions please contact Peter Owens at extension 8581, Crystina Hammond at extension 8583 or Tricia Kennedy at extension 8124
contact emerson HR
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:45 am–5:00 pm
Office Location: 8 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116
Mailing Address: 120 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Emerson celebrated the opening of its new facility on Sunset Boulevard on January 12, 2014.
Emerson Los Angeles
Emerson College's new facility in Los Angeles is now open to students. We will continue to post new positions related to our expanded presence in Los Angeles. Further information will be available when Job Opportunities are posted.