Domestic Partner Benefits
Eligible employees and their same-sex domestic partners who are not legally allowed to marry under state law, and their qualified dependent(s), are eligible to participate in health, dental and tuition benefits.
Domestic Partners must:
- be each other’s sole spousal equivalent and have resided together as spousal equivalents for a minimum of 12 consecutive months and intend to do so indefinitely
- not be legally allowed to marry under the law for the state in which they reside
- be jointly responsible for each other’s common welfare and financial obligations
- not be related by blood to the degree of closeness that would prohibit legal marriage
- be of the same sex and not married to anyone else
- be at least 18 years of age and mentally competent to consent to contract
- not have been party to an action or proceeding to a divorce or annulment
- not have filed a “Statement of Termination” of a previous spousal equivalent certification within the last 12 months
Employees interested in this benefit will be asked to complete an affidavit certifying that their partner qualifies as a "spousal equivalent" in terms of residence, length of the partnership, and financial interdependence.
There are also tax implications for the employee in obtaining coverage for a partner.
contact emerson HR
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:45 am–5:00 pm
Office Location: 8 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116
Mailing Address: 120 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Emerson is counting down the days until the new facility opens on January 12, 2014.
Emerson Los Angeles
Emerson College recently began constructing a new facility in Los Angeles, which will open in January 2014. As we get closer, we anticipate posting new positions related to our expanded presence in Los Angeles. Further information will be available when Job Opportunities are posted.