I.T. Help Desk
Emerson provides many resources for its students, staff, and faculty. Below, you'll find easy-to-use guides to help explain them and assist you in using them.
- View guides specific to technologies in Emerson's computer labs
- View the Help Desk's Video Tutorials
ECNet Account Guides
Email in the Mail program
Pages and Cabinet
Connecting to ECwireless
VPN - Virtual Private Network
For more information about using your Pages folder, ECmail, ECcash, or ECnet account, view the Services and Support page.
Microsoft Office and Google Apps Guides
The Microsoft application Outlook 2011 for OS X
- New Features in Office 2010 for Windows
- New Features in Office 2011 for OS X
- Using Google Apps at Emerson College
eCommon is the portal for managing many of your resources at Emerson. Guides for logging in and navigating eCommon are available below.
Median is Emerson College's powerful educational multimedia content uploading and delivery service. Use the guides below to navigate and contribute to Median.
- Encoding Video with Handbrake
- View Median's Help Guides, an extensive resource for everything Median!
General Computing Guides
- Computer Maintenance: Keeping your Computer Virus and Spyware Free
- Reliable Practices for Backing Up Data
- Basic Computer Maintenance
Digital Policy Guides
For general information about copyright and fair use at Emerson, read the Electronic Information Policy Guidelines.
Also refer to: