Office of Diversity & Inclusion
EmersonTalks is a one-credit non-tuition course designed for student participants to:
- Develop leadership skills
- Assess personal intercultural skills
- Advance knowledge in diversity and inclusion
- Facilitate peer discussions
EmersonTalks focuses on:
- Inclusive Excellence and diversity within Emerson and students’ lives
- The impact and influence of students’ cultural upbringing on intercultural development
- Participant facilitation of peer discussions on intercultural issues, diversity, and inclusion
EmersonTalks consists of 8 two-hour meetings in the fall semester where participants learn principles of facilitation, group leadership, and goals of Inclusive Excellence; and 6 one-hour participant-led peer discussions in the spring semester. Participation in both semesters is required to receive credit.
EmersonTalks is offered through a collaboration of the Department of Communication Studies and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information email: email@example.com